Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Dinner Share Blog!

I've started this new blog to keep up with our dinner share recipes... I'm probably going to just be copying and pasting the recipes from the other ladies onto here, but I wanted them to be in a search able place so I can go back and make things again, or my readers can find yummy cheap recipes that can easily be made in bulk. Even before starting this co-op I was pretty big into cooking in bulk and freezing, so now instead we cook in bulk and share with our friends! For anyone who hasn't heard of how this works, here goes:

Sunday: Darby makes dinner for her family and 3 others, puts the dinners in matching sets of Pyrex that we all went in and bought together, and delivers the dinners to the three other families around dinnertime. The three of us who are getting dinner delivered just sit back and wait for our yummy food to arrive!

Monday: Gray does the same thing as Darby

Tuesday: Emily's turn

Wednesday: My turn

So all in all, you spend time cooking one day a week and have a hot fresh homemade (in our case gluten free) dinner delivered to your door 3 more days a week! So that is 4 meals for the effort of 1. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

In case folks aren't home, we have agreed to leave coolers outside the door for dinner to be left in until we return, and if there is some kind of emergency and we can't make dinner on our night, we all swapped our family's pizza preference and can order pizza and have it delivered to each person's house.

So, I'll probably update this once a week or so (hopefully I'll be better at updating this than I am about my personal blog) so check back for yummy weekly dinner ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment