Monday, October 19, 2009

10/18 Meal: BBQ Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Fruit

Ingredients:
-boneless ribs (I got 2 packages, 23 ribs)
-green beans (I just steamed these and added butter and garlic)
-potatoes (boil then mash and add milk and butter)
-cantaloupe, grapes
I ended up spending $30, which included all the ribs. If I hadn't burned the first round of ribs, I would've only spent $17.

Spray oven pan with cooking spray. Put ribs in pan and season both sides with McCormick Grill Mates Steak Rub. I like boneless ribs because it's more meat and less mess. Pour GF Barbecue Sauce on top to coat. Kraft Original is GF. Bake at 225 for 8-10 hours, uncovered. That's it!

Sounds easy, right? Well, this one took two tries for me. The first round of ribs was burned to a crisp! I put the ribs into the oven before I went to bed to bake them for 8 hours like the directions said. I realized in the morning that my oven only goes to 250, not 225, so I guess that's what made them burn. I decided to go get more ribs and try again. I found a recipe online that said to cook them for 4 hours at 350, two covered, two uncovered. Luckily I checked them after 45 minutes because when I checked them, they were done. Maybe my oven is hotter than most, I don't know. Anyway, the ribs turned out fine. If you want to try to make these, just keep checking them to make sure they don't burn! Otherwise, you may get this... Looks yummy, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you were talking about. These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete