Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sun Dried Tomato stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach and Feta Cheese, Buttery Carrots, Steamed Spinach and fruit with cream

I got this recipe from another website, but altered it a bit...

First, I butterflied the chicken breast (sliced them in half width wise) super thin, because, well, there is nothing in the world worse in my mind than thick, dry, baked chicken breast. So, I sliced it thin and stuffed it with sun ripened tomatoes (that I bought in a big jar at Costco, they are soaked in olive oil and spices and looked way better than the dry ones you get at HEB), Feta cheese and spinach, and baked at 400 for a little under 20 minutes. Super fast, easy, and I hope yummy!

I steamed the carrots and spinach and added butter, salt and pepper.

The fruit bowls are peaches that a friend gave us off of their trees (my apologies if they turned a bit brown, I cut them up in advance), grapes, and fresh whipped cream. The cream is from my raw milk, I just skimmed it off the top and whipped it in my stand mixer with the whisk attachment, then sprinkled with cinnamon. I hope ya'll like it!

Facts for the chicken:

Nutrition Facts

1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
Calories 300.2
Total Fat 10.3 g
Saturated Fat 6.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 101.8 mg
Sodium 1,066.8 mg
Potassium 1,291.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 36.6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment