Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pasta Milano, Spinach and Carrot Salad

This dish is originally from the Macaroni Grill. My version might be a little different because I'm not super great at following recipes, but it is yummy anyhow!

I actually had a ton of cut up sundried tomatoes, spinach and feta cheese from last week's stuffed chicken breast, so I used those leftovers with 4 cooked and cut up chicken breasts. The cream sauce is 4 heads of roasted garlic with 2 pints (or one of those tall containers) of heavy cream. I cooked 2 bags of gluten free brown rice pasta and mixed all of the ingredients together, topped with probably 2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese. Let the calorie fest begin!

I shredded a ton of carrots to add into the salad, because after having a taste test of the pasta dish I decided we needed a lot of vitamins to outweigh the cream sauce! The salad then is a spring mix of the lettuces, shredded carrots and broken up pecans.

I'll start adding pictures again when i get my computer back, and I was afraid to look up the nutritional information on this meal; I think I'll just enjoy it and do some extra cardio later on!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment