Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crock Pot Ziti, salad

Another recipe from www.crockpot365.blogspot.com
This was a little dry to me. I think I cooked it too long. Maybe I should've checked it after four hours. Also, I added some zucchini, and I didn't have fresh mozzarella so I used some string cheese cut up.

2 16 oz. packages of ziti
1 - 2 jars of pasta sauce
48 oz. of ricotta
16 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
about 1 cup of fresh mozzarella, cubed
about 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shreeded

Spray inside of crock with cooking spray. Dump ziti into crock. Add pasta sauce and mix with ziti. Save jar and lid. Mix in ricotta, fresh mozzarella cubes, and about 3/4 or the shredded mozzarella. Combine well. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. Add about 1/4 of a cup of water to jar, screw lid on, and shake. Pour over the ziti mixture. Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or until it starts to brown on top. I push the noodles down 2 to 3 times while cooking with the back of a large, cooking spray-covered spoon, but I'm not sure this is even necessary. None of the noodles are crispy, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment