Sunday, November 1, 2009

Meatballs, Asparagus, Buttery Pasta

Meatballs:
You can season ground beef however you're used to doing it for meatballs. For the filler, instead of bread crumbs, you can use cooked brown rice or brown rice flour. I like cooked brown rice because it's cheap, healthy, and it stretches the meat farther. You can season it with Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic, then add 2 eggs to hold things together. I put the meatballs into a baking dish and pour a can of Spicy V-8 Vegetable Juice over them. Then I bake them at 400 for about 20-25 minutes until they are done.

Pasta:
I just used gluten free pasta shells (Tinkyada brand) and added butter, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds. I wanted to add fresh parsley, but I didn't have any.

Asparagus:
Sauteed in some olive oil with salt and pepper for about 4 minutes. Easy, healthy and yummy! Although, I think they might have gotten soggy by the time they were delivered. It's probably best hot off the skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment