Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beans and Cornbread, Sauteed Greens with Roasted Garlic, Pineapple

Yum, my house smells so good right now!

I soaked beans in water overnight, then this morning put them in a big pot with water covering them, and added in 1 lb of fresh thick cut bacon (from NewFlower Market), bring the beans to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for a few hours covered. I added in some salt, pepper and about 3 cloves of minced garlic.

The cornbread is the Bob's Red Mill mix, and I haven't tasted it but it rose up bigger than I've ever seen GF bread rise before, so I"m excited to taste it!

I sauteed 1 lb of spinach and a bag of chopped kale in olive oil, then added 4 whole heads of garlic that I had cut open, drizzled with olive oil and wrapped in foil and baked for about 30 minutes. When the garlic was nice and fragrant I squeezed the cloves out and chopped them a bit and added them to the greens along with some salt and pepper.

The pineapple is fresh- SunFlower market had them on sale for $.88 a piece!! Yum, enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment