Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Healthy Mac & Cheese, Ham, Peas

I used a recipe from my "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook and added pureed cauliflower and pureed navy beans for some extra nutrition. I thought it was pretty good, and the boys loved it. I like that they were eating veggies without knowing it! Here's the recipe:

1. Cook gf pasta according to directions. I used the new HEB brand gluten free pasta! It's good and cheap...about $1.80 for 12 oz.!

2. While macaroni is cooking, combine 1 cup milk and one can beans in a food processor and process until pureed.

3. Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and set it over med. heat. Add bean mixture to pan and cook, stirring until smooth, 1-2 min. Add 1 1/2 cups shred. cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup cauliflower puree* and cook until melted and creamy, 1-2 min. longer. Stir in salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Stir in macaroni and serve warm.

*for cauliflower puree, I just steamed one bunch of cauliflower in the microwave for a few min. and then threw it in the food processor

No comments:

Post a Comment