Monday, April 5, 2010

Teriyaki lettuce wraps with bean noodles and peanut sauce

I sent along romaine lettuce for the wraps, along with some red lettuce leaves from my garden. I'm pretty pumped because this is the first thing we've ever been able to eat from all of my gardening attempts!
Meat:
Cook ground meat (I used turkey), add in teriyaki sauce (I used the NewFlower Market brand because it was gluten free), chopped green onions and shredded carrots. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables get soft.

Noodles: I used bean noodles which are super easy... I drop them down into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes until they are soft!

Peanut Sauce:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spicy-Peanut-Sauce-10602?recipename=Spicy%20Peanut%20Sauce&saved_to_box=y

Oh, but instead of water I substituted coconut milk in the sauce because I thought it would make it more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment